Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just coincidence?

So… some of you will probably think I am crazy after you read this and I would have to agree. But this same thing has happened 3 times now and I am starting to think it is not just a coincidence. Lola has learned how to turn on her crib aquarium mobile. It has happened at the beginning of naptime a few times and once when I went to get her first thing in the morning. All the sudden I will hear the mobile music playing on the monitor. When I go in there she has scooted herself down the bed and her little swaddled feet are in the air. So, today I laid her down for her nap and turned on the mobile. I listened for it to quit and I went and stood by her door with camera in hand. Sure enough about 3 minute later she had wiggled herself down the bed and rammed her feet into the mobile and finally hit the little bird button that turns it on. It is probably just coincidence, but it is funny all the same. Here is a shot of her in action.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is too funny! You have a smart little gitl on your hands!!!

Rachel said...

That is hilarious! Looks like she'll be athletic.:)

Hollee said...

My trio do the same thing often. I don't think they actually know how to turn it on, but they turn it with their feet, hands or face. (Marlee likes to sleep right next to the rainforest).

Angie said...

I totally believe it! Emily has done little things like that that blow my mind. I think babies learn a lot more than we give them credit for. Smart girl, Lola!

Becky said...

ha!! That is so funny!!! I bet she has learned how to... they know more than you think they do!!!

Natalie Church said...

That is hilarious! She just knows what she wants!

chris anne said...

andrew does it, too. they must be genius babies!

The Roper's said...

Sure, she knows exactly what she's doing...genius!! (Did I spell that right???) :)

Lindsay said...

That's hilarious!! Lola is so smart.

Abigail and Ansley said...

TOO FUNNY! She is so smart! And so adorable!

Jillina said...

Seriously the greatest baby product ever - William would put himself to sleep with his every night even if he woke up at 2am. It helped us soo much!

Elizabeth Miller said...

I think she is quite capale of extroidanary acts! SO cute! Love you!

Courtney said...

That is hilarious! She is quite the athlete!!!