Monday, October 27, 2008

Emmie

I can’t begin to explain what a rough week it’s been. On Tuesday, a former boss/friend of mine passed away. Emmie was 33 years old and pregnant with her first child; a baby boy, Weston Joseph. We are not completely sure what happened, but she had some abdominal pain, which led to internal bleeding. She lost the baby, then went into cardiac arrest and died. Emmie was in perfect health; she did boot camp (strict workout & diet) for fun and ran marathons. She married her husband, Adam, in July 2007 and was 17 weeks pregnant. I spoke with Emmie last week; she was so excited about becoming a mother and looking forward to a new journey.
Emmie hired me for my first internship in college at Lost Highway. She got me my first job and taught me everything she knew about Marketing & the Music Business. She believed in me and gave me a chance. She was a friend to all, full of life and one of the most positive people I have ever known. She had such a kind and caring spirit. She always talked about her faith in God and how much she loved Jesus. You could tell by the way she lived her life and the decisions she made, that she was a Christian.
Life is so fragile; the timing of death is not in our control. Through all this I have gotten the stiff kick in the rear that I needed. I woke up Tuesday morning on the wrong side of the bed, complaining about anything to everyone that would listen, and then I get the call about Emmie. It made me realize how selfish in life I can really be. I need to be thankful for my family, find positive in all situations and praise God for my health. I am truly blessed. So go home and hold your children close, kiss you husband and hug your parents, siblings and friends. Cherish every second.
Please keep Emmie’s family, especially her husband, Adam, in your prayers.

Obit.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Cristie, I am so sorry to hear this news. We will certainly keep everyone in our prayers. It's always so startling to hear about losing someone so young.

chris anne said...

i'm so sorry for your loss, cristie.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, that is terrible! I will defintely keep this family in my prayers!!!

Beth said...

How devastating for that family. I'll keep you and the family in my prayers.

Leslie Ware said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is a good wake up call to remember what is important, which is something I needed today.

Leslie Poole Ware

The Roper's said...

You made me cry...we all need those reminders. Forget to often how precious our life and our family really is. Thanks for being such a good friend! Love you! I will be praying...

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness Cristie, I am so sorry for the loss of your great friend and mentor...that is so so terrible, I will be praying for her family, especially her husband as I know he must feel completely lost. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you friend.