Monday, September 8, 2008

Basket Case!


Yes, I am a basket case, though much better then I was last week. I start back to work tomorrow and it’s killing me. How could you leave that sweet lil face? I am just working 2 days a week and I am dreading being away from her every second of it. Any advice welcome from those of you who have been through this. I know she will be fine, it’s me I am worried about.

On to happier subjects, we had a great weekend. Something about the start of college football just makes you lazy and happy. Both household teams are 2 – 0 right now (Go Dawgs/Roll Tide) so things are starting off to a good season.
Lola has started trying to sit up, it’s all she wants to do, so we decided to try out the Bumbo seat. Here she is helping me prepare dinner.


We had baby dedication Sunday at church this weekend so I had to try and get a photo of all 3 of us with our eyes open, here is the result.
Random photos below...







11 comments:

Zach and Kim said...

Oh she is a cutie! Going back to work- my 1st day back is all a blurrr( from the lack of sleep) I felt like I was in a foggy haze all day...just get through it; BUT now I kind of look forward to days I work, it kind of is not work compared to taking care of a newborn. I'll be thinking of you, you can do it

Elizabeth said...

She is so precious! That is a great photo of the 3 of you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

The Hadfields said...

Oh man, I will be thinking of you. There's nothing harder but I can say that the anticipation is much worse than actually going back. You'll feel productive in a different way, the way you were used to before she came along. But your heart will be wherever she is and that will never get easier. Hang in there. Remind yourself that women do it all the time and you'll be stronger for it!!

Courtney said...

She is so pretty! I can see you in her, but she is really looking like her daddy!! I know going back will be hard...I'll be thinking about you!

Angie said...

She is so pretty! You look good, too! I love the picture of her cooking in her Bumbo! Good luck with the back to work transition!

The Hazlewoods said...

CAC...she is so beautiful! I know exactly how you feel! It is so hard. I went back to work full time after 4 months and I remeber thinking that I have left my precious baby with total strangers. What in the world? But he did fine and they loved him so much! I knew he was well taken care of. It will get better. just think of it as your little weekly break to regain your sanity. I did enjoy running all of my errands at lunch without the baby (took much less time) and I could get so much done. The best part of your day now is when you pick her up and her face lights up. AMAZING! You'll do fine and I'll be thinking about you! It is not easy! Love you and keep the photos of that beautiful baby girl coming! Let me know next time you come to Atlanta!

Jillina said...

Sweet pictures!! Hope going back to work has gone smooth.

lyla said...

cristie! she is a doll. she is SO cute! i dreaded going back to work too, but it is actually a great balance. i loved working two days a week. you still have plenty of mommy time, but you also get to have plenty of grown-up interaction too. the worst part is getting up and getting ready early! good luck! :)

Bethany said...

She is so gorgeous! Is she going to have blue eyes?

Jennifer said...

She is too cute! Good luck with going back to work!!

Becky said...

She is SERIOUSLY SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! Gorgeous!!