Tuesday, February 24, 2009

8 Months

My big girl is 8 months, and boy do I mean BIG. Lola loves to eat and is growing so fast. She tries to crawl, but seems to only goes backwards. This makes her so mad as she gets further away from whatever she wants and usually ends up in a mild fit. Her bottom teeth are really big and the top 2 in the front are just breaking the skin. She loves to throw her passie out of her crib at bedtime, we usually hear it hit the ground, followed by a few tears. She will not let us cuddle or rock her at nap/bedtime anymore, she just wants to be laid down. I guess this is a good thing, but it makes me kind of sad (I love cuddling her). She loves singing, music and Baby Einstein DVD’s. When she watches her DVD’s, she sits in the floor, puts her hands on her knees and leans forward, watching the TV so intently, totally focused! It’s hilarious! She loves her toys, and most of the time she is totally content sitting on the floor and playing by herself.



Riding her new hippo


Feeding Jack

I think she bit it right after this photo was taken

Happy girl

Watching a video

Aunt Kristen & Unlce Nate helping out at bathtime


Lola & I are heading to Atlanta on Thursday morning. My Mom is having surgery on her neck this Friday and we will be there for at least a week to help out. Please keep my Mom in your prayers!

4 comments:

Angie said...

The way she watches her movies sounds so sweet! I'm with you-- it's kind of hard to see them move into new stages and start cutting out their "baby" ways.

Jillina said...

Keep me posted on how your mom does, I will def be praying.

Becky said...

Can not tell you how C-U-T-E she is!!!!!!! Grace stopped letting me rock her too, but now she lets me cuddle with her at least for a minute before I stick her in the crib! They get so independent!!!! :) Hope everything goes well with your mom... I'm sure she will love having you there!!

The Roper's said...

hope everything goes well...keep us posted.