Monday, March 2, 2009

What a find!

Last Thursday we arrived in Atlanta a day before my Mom’s surgery and headed to meet my Dad for lunch. On the way, we passed a church and I noticed they were advertising a consignment sale on their sign, so we decided to stop on our way back from lunch. We found a few cute little toys, no clothes and as we were checking out I saw the top of a little kitchen in the corner hidden behind a few cribs for sale. Anyways, it was the cutest kitchen and it had a $40 price tag for all 3 pieces. I just couldn’t get over how cute it was and thought it was in great shape. So I asked a worker about it and she said a lady just brought it in to sale and it was only a few years old and from POTTERY BARN KIDS! SOLD! Once we got it all to my parents, my Mom & I looked it up online. Brand new, the kitchen set cost $699 on sale! Andrew is going to touch it up a bit and we are going to give it to Lola for Christmas next year! Shhh…make sure not to tell her. Here is a photo of Lola and Nana pre-surgery. The surgery went well and my Mom is at home recovering. She is doing great and looks great, I can’t get over how well she has done.

Cousin Beau came over to play with Lola on Saturday. He is so cute and on the go, walking up a storm.

Pop built Lola a nice swing outside at their house. We only were able to play outside one day, who thought we would come to Atlanta and there would be a snow storm…thanks Pop!

Lola loves her new chair, another consignment find



10 comments:

Cori said...

Cristie - Ashley sent me your blog way back when Lola was born and I came across it just recently. She's just the most precious thing ever! You look great too and seem very happy. Love the picts and seeing how yall are doing. I'm blogging too, but mine is more for photography stuff that I do on the side. Hope all else is well!
-Cori Hankinson (Lindstedt)

The Hadfields said...

Wow..that is awesome! I've seen that kitchen set in the magazine before!
What a cool swing!

The Roper's said...

You win the deal of the year!! Wow! SO cute and I won't tell Lola. Glad to hear that your Mom is doing well. We miss ya'll!!

Kristen said...

Awesome deal! We are pricing kitchens now, and it isnt fun at all! Good for you!

Angie said...

What great finds! I CANNOT BELIEVE you got that kitchen set for $40!!! So glad to hear your mom did well with the surgery!

Jenna said...

That is a fabulous deal! Glad your mom is doing well :)

Laura Alsup said...

i am SO jealous of your kitchen set! what fun lola will have with it!

Becky said...

$40 DOLLARS?!?!?!?!?!! That is AMAZING!!!! Good find! Glad the surgery went well! Lola is precious as always!

Jillina said...

So glad everything went well with your mom. $40 WOW that is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cristie - I work with your mom at FM. When Lola was born she shared your blog so I could she a picture of Lola. She is such a cutie.

I am glad the surgery went well and please tell her Hello and she is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Jason