Monday, July 21, 2008

Date Night


So Andrew & I went on our first ‘date’ Friday night. I do not really think it’s considered a date once you are married, it’s just dinner and running some errands, but anyways….We went to eat sushi (first time I have had sushi in almost a year), then did a little shopping and ended the night with a trip to Maggie Moo’s (exactly what I need right now, fat filled ice cream). Maggie has raised her prices a little bit, it cost us almost $10 for ice cream and we used a coupon (I have become cheap as a mom). Andrew’s parents kept Lola and she did great. I remembered to pack the camera to take photos of all these events, but forgot to take a single picture,
On Saturday we ventured out to the pool, my first post pregnancy bathing suit experience (defiantly didn’t take photos of this)! It was nice and relaxing, I laid on a float and read a magazine, life actually felt normal. The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. I got out of the house on Sunday afternoon for trips to my usual, Target & Babies R Us. Below are a few recent photos. I love the first one of Lola’s grumpy face, her little personality is really starting to come out.
Grumpy Pants

Lola loves the Baby Bjorn


chillin' with mama

bath time with dad

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

First off, Lola looks so adorable in that picture. Sounds like you had a good time! I've been promised a date sometime this week- we'll see!

The Roper's said...

Could she be any cuter???? I think not! Glad that ya'll had a date :)

Angie said...

What sweet pictures! Don't you love getting out now?! Who knew going to Wal-Mart or the gas station by yourself would be such a treat?! :) Sushi was one of the first things I wanted post pregnancy, too. Something about not being able to have something that makes me want it even more...sushi, high doses of caffeine, the ability to stretch and lay on my tummy, etc.

Courtney said...

That last picture is sooo cute! She is precious and it sounds like you guys are doing so well! Just a little advice - keep taking "dates" it keeps you sane and makes you still feel like a wife and not just a mom (not that its a bad thing - being a mom is wonderful :). Know what I mean???

marci said...

She is a cutie! Glad I got to meet her last week.

Julie and Chris said...

Hey
She is so cute.. I love that hair!! She will be ready for bows before too long!! I hope you are doing well....I am sure you are enjoying being a mommy!!
Julie

Lindsay said...

I can't get over all of her hair. What a cutie!

I'm glad you all had a date night...I'm sure it was much needed.