Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Feeling HOT, HOT, HOT

Boy, do I feel sorry for all those pregnant women who have to go through the summer months. I break a sweat walking to and from my car these days, no telling what I might do if I were ever pregnant in the months of July & August! Besides the warmer weather, all is good with the pregnancy & Lola. I had a doctor’s appointment this morning and was already 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so things are slowly starting to progress in the right direction.
We had another shower last Friday at Andrew’s work. We received so many nice things and it was so much fun. The best part was the cake (I love cake icing). It was just a regular sheet cake but the icing was to die for and the best part is it came from Target! Yeah, there is a super Target out by Andrew’s work and they make cakes, just another reason why Target is the best store ever. Our camera died after we took the first photo, so below is the only pic we have from the shower.

On Monday, one of my closest friends Leslie and her husband Paul were in town. Andrew & I were able to go and meet them for dinner. Leslie and I have not lived in the same town since college, but we remain good friends. Her and Paul are moving this weekend to Greenville, NC to begin their medical residency (yes, they are both going to be doctors). Here are a few photos…I look like a giant next to Leslie, like I am about to eat her or something. Not sure what kind of painting Leslie and I are standing by, but she really liked it and wanted it in the background of our photo!



9 comments:

Angie said...

God bless you! I was hot, and it was January! It's so good to see pics of Leslie.

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you got to see Leslie, you both look adorable!

Lori said...

oh i am so jealous you got to have dinner with leslie without me!!! : ) i am still hoping lola is born while i'm in tn!!! i'll be in tn next thurs!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

welcome to blogging! i'm so excited to find you. and good luck on the delivery. i can't believe you are about to be a mom...you'll be a sweet, loving and cool mommy. you'll be in my prayers.

Joni said...

I remember how hot it was when Lilly was born and I had to go all the way to the middle of August! I can't believe Lola will be here so soon. This is such an exciting time!

Jillina said...

I'm so glad you got to see Leslie! It's still hard for me to belive that Leslie is a doctor, is it for you?

Elizabeth said...

I didn't see you guys tonight? Any word on Lola? I emailed you this afternoon. We're headed out of town, so we'll talk later on! Hope you are feeling good.

Artsy Fartsy said...

Must. See. Pictures. Of. Nursery. NOW!

I'm so sorry you have to be pregnant with all this heat. Do icebaths help?

Angie said...

Just checking in... making sure Lola hadn't made her grand entrance yet. Hope you're feeling okay and getting a little break from the hot weather.