Monday, February 25, 2008

Good Ole Gatlinburg!

We took at trip to Gatlinburg with my family this weekend. My dad rented a big cabin and we celebrated my moms 50th birthday while we were there. Nothing like a weekend filled with taffy, old time photos and air brushed t-shits. It was a great trip and we really enjoyed the outlet malls in Pigeon Forge. Happy 50th Birthday Mom!

My mom also surprised me by bringing me all kinds of little baby outfits that I wore when I was a kid. She saved so much and had it all washed and ironed. My 2 favorites were the dresses that she and I came home from the hospital in. The photo below is the dress my mom wore, it was made by my great grandmother.

10 comments:

Angie said...

That dress is so sweet. Your comment about the taffy, old time photos, and air brushed shirts cracked me up! :) We're going to attempt a trip up there in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how this will work with a baby.....

Jillina said...

So glad your doing the whole blog thing! I love that your mom saved your dresses, that is soo sweet!!

chris anne said...

wow, how great that your mom kept all that stuff. i would love knowing that my little girl was wearing something my great grandmother wore. it's beautiful. hope everything is still going well.

Courtney said...

Hey Stranger!!! I didn't know you had a blog, were married, or PREGNANT! Crazy! Looks like you are doing well! I am so glad you left a comment - I can keep up with you now! Congratulations on the little girl! You will love being a mom!

The Roper's said...

Oh My!-your mom keeps things in good shape! To cute.
I am so excited for you and Andrew! You will be great parents.

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! I am so glad that you are now blogging! Congrats on getting married and being prego! You will love motherhood! Hope you are feeling well!

the robertsons said...

I'm freaking out right now! I've been wondering about you! I'm so glad you are doing so well! Congrats on EVERYTHING- marriage, pregnancy, etc. You will love having a sweet baby girl! Our little girls will be close in age. I'm terrible blogger, but I look forward to keeping up with you now!

Whitney said...

Well hello there and congrats on the awesome news! That's very exciting!

josh and darci said...

Congratulations!!! So glad I found your blog. I'll link you up to our blog! It'll be fun to keep up with your pregnancy and baby. congrats again!!

The Hadfields said...

What the heck? I just came across your blog, and had NO idea you were pregnant. Congrats!! Glad we can keep in touch this way from now on!!