Thursday, August 19, 2010

News!

The first exciting news is….that we have finally decided on a baby name! It has taken forever for Andrew & I (more Andrew) to make a 100% decision, but the wait is over. We decided on David Brantley Buffington. David is after both of our fathers and Andrew (David is Andrew’s first name). We will call him by his middle name Brantley! I just love it and can’t wait for Brantley to get here. I have started to feel a little panic because we have done nothing to get ready for his arrival. I know I have a few months, but it’s at least time to pick out the fabric for the bedding.

On to the other news, we bought a van. Yes, you read it right, I now drive a minivan. I am that person who, up until last year, swore I would NEVER drive a minivan. I mean NEVER! Andrew used to kid me that he was going to buy me one and it would put me in fits. I do not know what it was, but I was just not 'that' kind of Mom (no offense to you minivan Moms). Well, times have changed. I started warming up to the idea when I was with friends who drove minivans and I would see how easy they loaded their kids, not to mention the doors opened with the push of a button. I finally caved, knowing that it would be best for my family. So, we drove to Atlanta last weekend and bought one. My brother hooked us up with the manager of a dealership & we were able to get a great deal, thanks JC. And let me tell you, I have not had this van for a full week and I love it, my back loves it, Lola loves it, etc.

Here is Andrew right after the van purchase, you can just see the sheer excitement in his face!

6 comments:

Angie said...

I love the name! And I love that you now rock a van!

The Hadfields said...

I've been thinking the VERY same thing lately!! Funny how things change...I SWORE I would NEVER own a van and now that's all I can think about. ha!

The Roper's said...

Love the name and the van....welcome to the mini-van world! People will just think-that is one hot Mom getting out of that van :)

Becky said...

Yay for the van! And cute name!!! I love a little bit of family mixed with a little bit of individuality... very cute. Enjoy your new ride!! :)

Jillina said...

LOVE the name! Very sweet! and welcome to the world of minivans, sadly it is wonderful!!

chris anne said...

you will LOVE the van!!! welcome to the club. love the name, too. very cute!