Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

We had a wonderful July 4th weekend in Atlanta. On Friday we headed to Sun Valley Beach for the day. I had not been there since my senior picnic in high school. Lola loved the kids water section and only came out for a quick diaper changed and to eat a bite of lunch. The weather was gorgeous and it was just the perfect day.

She was a little unsure about the slide


Under the fountain with Uncle JC


Saturday afternoon we went to my cousin Brian’s house for a cookout. We had a great time with family and Lola sure enjoyed their pool & slip–n-slide.

Andrew, Lola & Preston playing in the pool


Here is a photo of the patriotic dessert I made


On Monday, we were back in Nashville and headed to have lunch with Lori & Colt, who were in town for a visit. We had a great time and can’t wait to visit again. Notice Colt & Lola are holding hands...

So yesterday I put Lola down for a nap like always. She just had on a diaper and a t-shirt, which is pretty normal around our house. Well, when she woke up and I went to get her, I found this…she had taken her diaper off and she was just sitting there, so proud of herself. The diaper was completely dry and there was not a mess in the bed. I guess from now on, to be safe, we will have to nap with pants on!

3 comments:

Jillina said...

Super cute pictures and LOVE your festive dessert!

Angie said...

That last diaper-less picture made me laugh! She looks so proud of herself! I'm so impressed with your dessert! Glad y'all had a fun Fourth!

lyla said...

that picture of her with her diaper off is hilarious. her bedhead and the look on her face are too cute. i want to know what your dessert was underneath all those blueberries and strawberries. it looked awesome! i want to make that next year :)