Friday, November 6, 2009

Cookies!

One afternoon last week I decided to let Lola help me make homemade cookies for the first time. Since it was fall, we tried a new pumpkin, raisin, & oatmeal recipe that turned out to be wonderful. She loved all the stirring, pouring, & mixing action. It went way better than I expected and she even stood at the oven and patiently watched them bake. All that patience was gone once the cookies came out of the oven. I think she thought since she helped make them, she was supposed to eat all the cookies. She had several major meltdowns why they were sitting on the counter cooling. I finally gave her one and had to hide the rest of the cookies on a plate in the microwave. If they were left sitting out at all she would spot them and the whining would begin! What can I say, the girl loves sweets!

No comments: